Corpus Christi DWI and Teaching Certificate Issues
A DWI can have a more serious collateral consequence on your livelihood if you have a teaching certificate. The best possible defense is needed to get you justice and to protect your livelihood.
Teachers and other educators are held to a high standard based on their code of ethics. Part of the behavior that is to be avoided in that TEA code of ethics is a conviction of a DWI.
Just the specific conduct in the DWI can lead to an investigation on your teaching certificate.
Disciplinary Actions Taken against Texas Educators May Occur With a DWI
The State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC) may take the following disciplinary actions against an educator’s certification:
- Place restrictions on the issuance, renewal, or holding of a certificate, either indefinitely or for a set term;
- Issue an inscribed or non-inscribed reprimand;
- Suspend a certificate for a set term or issue a probated suspension for a set term;
- Revoke or cancel, which includes accepting the surrender of, a certificate without opportunity for reapplication for a set term or permanently; or
- Impose any additional conditions or restrictions upon a certificate as deemed necessary by the SBEC.
We understand the importance of keeping your teaching certificate if you have been arrested for a DWI. Call our Corpus Christi law firm today 361-792-3811